With the decisive, clear victory of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as our next president and vice-president, Indivisible OC is committed to the same mission with which we started in 2017: advocate to our government officials and resist the authoritarian threat of Donald Trump and his followers.
The January 6th insurrection against the United States Congress further confirms what we already know so well: Trumpism is a violent threat to our democracy and to all Americans, especially those in the margins.
We have a responsibility to uphold democratic values, truth, justice, and equality for all. That means using our voice and voting power to fight against attempts to tear down the republic, elected officials who push the lies and conspiracy theories that drive Trumpism, and policies that hurt the lives and rights of the marginalized.
With that, we foresee the following campaigns in no particular order:
- Impeach Trump and disqualify him from holding future federal offices.
- Fix our national democracy with structural reforms, including ending the Senate filibuster, reforming the federal courts, passing a strong voting rights act, and statehood for D.C. and Puerto Rico.
- Pass the strongest plans to end the Covid pandemic and provide real relief to everyday Americans.
- Hold the most rigorous investigations of the January 6th insurrection and all other crimes committed by members of the Trump administration and demand that any person who committed or aided the attempted coup or other crimes be held accountable.
- Pass policies, national and locally, that uplift our marginalized and oppressed communities and ensure their just and equal rights (women, LGBTQ+, black, indigenous, people of color, poor, disabled, etc.).
- Stem online opportunities that push propaganda, lies, conspiracy theories, and violence (i.e., remove Parler from the Apple and Google app stores)
- Elect officials committed to democracy, truth, and justice at the LOCAL level in Orange County, such as county board of supervisors, school boards, and city councils.
- Elect progressive House representatives in CA-39 and CA-48 in the 2022 midterm elections.
Democracy is fragile. We are resolved to defend and strengthen it by peaceful and Constitutional means.